Availability of high-tech equipment, modern laboratory diagnostic capabilities and high professional level of the specialists from «Health Clinic» make it possible to conduct the whole complex of examinations for diagnosis of various forms of endocrine pathologies and the appointment of adequate treatment.
The main activities of the endocrinologist:
1. Diagnosis, treatment, prevention of diseases of the thyroid glands (autoimmune thyroiditis, subacute thyroiditis, nodal goiter, diffuse goiter, hypothyroidism, thyrotoxicosis). Differential diagnosis of benign and malignant thyroid formations using a needle aspiration puncture biopsy performed by an experienced ultrasound diagnostician . Results are analyzed by a highly qualified cytologist using modern equipment.
2. Early diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes mellitus and its complications in a team with highly qualified specialists: neurologist, ophthalmologist, cardiologist, surgeon using the latest methods of laboratory and instrumental diagnostics. Selection of effective hypoglycemic drugs, including insulin. Training of patients self-control, selection of individual food.
3. Treatment of obesity, the establishment of the cause of overweight, diagnosis, treatment, as well as the prevention of complications of obesity (among them: diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, menstrual disorders, infertility). Obesity is not only aesthetic, but also an important medical problem. Excess weight increases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, some tumors and shortens life for several years. Obesity is the cause of menstrual disorders in women, infertility, female genital diseases, including cancer, in men – one of the factors reducing potency and infertility. If you have such a problems-you have to visit endocrinologist.
4. Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the hypothalamic-pituitary system (hypothalamic syndrome, hyperprolactinaemia, diabetes insipidus and others).
5. Diagnosis and treatment of parathyroid gland diseases (hypoparathyroidism, hyperparathyroidism).
6. Diagnosis and treatment of adrenal diseases (Addison’s disease (chronic adrenal insufficiency), pheochromocytoma, primary hyperaldosteronism and others).
7. Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis I-which is one of the biggest problems of present century, which, due to its medical and social significance, ranks third place after cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus due to the high risk of osteoporotic fractures that lead to disability and significantly affect life expectancy.